New Meditation Classes
Mindfulness Meditation for Stress Management with Heather
Next 6 week Course: TBA
To book or inquire call Heather on 0405 821880 or E: [email protected]
Limited to 10 people per course. To reserve your place a deposit of $50 is required.
Mindfulness meditation is a process of discovering how to accept each moment as it arises, being with ourselves and getting comfortable with what we find. Meditation can be described as the process of ceasing disruptions in the mind. Learning Mindfulness skills helps people address the underlying processes we use to perceive, understand and react to our experience of the world. As we become more mindful in daily life we change the way we approach, think and feel about challenging situations we see new solutions and opportunities.
Discover new ways to deal with stress, negative thoughts and feelings, depression and unhelpful behaviour patterns. Learn how to experience each moment without fretting for the future or clinging to the past. Develop a deep sense of peace and stillness within.
Learn the foundation techniques of mindfulness meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Mindfulness in daily life
- Body centred relaxation
- Visualisation techniques
- Breath awareness meditation
- Foundations of sitting practice
- Foundations of walking Meditation
- Mindful movement for health and well-being
Discover the benefits:
- Pain management
- Relief from insomnia
- Improve mental health
- Regulate blood pressure
- Calm the nervous system
- Reduce accumulated stress
- Management of chronic illness
- Increase awareness and clarity
- Emotional and physical balance
- Manage low moods & depression
- Re-establish health and well-being
- Relief from anxiety and panic attacks
- Cope with transitions and life changes
Meditation classes are available at the Lotus Centre in Brookvale . We are close to Dee Why, Manly Vale, Manly, Freshwater, Alambie, Balgowlah, Fairlight and Seaforth area.
There are many branches of yoga, but in the west the most popular form is classical hatha yoga, often described as the physical path to spiritual realisation. Hatha yoga includes Ashtanga, Iyengar and dynamic flow styles of yoga.
The dedicated yoga student acknowledges that yoga is more than just stretching and practicing physical postures (asana), but also includes breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation. These principles are based on ancient teachings commonly known as the eight limbs of yoga.
Yoga works on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of us. Most ancient traditions recognise that the human body is more than its gross physical components, but also contains subtle channels, and layers of energy vibrating at different frequencies. There are five such energetic bodies or levels of experience. Yoga practice permeates every level.
- Physical – the physical body is part of our waking conscious experience. Yoga practices such as diet, cleansing techniques, and postures (asana) are used to maintain physical health and well-being.
- Energetic/pranic – part of our subtle body or subconscious. Pranayama consisting of correct breathing and breathing exercises work on this level to remove blockages stimulate and balance the pranic circulation.
- Mental – a subconscious layer conditioned by stimulus response. Concentration and meditation help to focus this lower aspect of mind.
- Intuitive/wisdom – also subconscious, the subtlest aspect of mind accessible through dreams, and deep meditation. Include practices such as study of scriptures, self-study and meditation.
- Spiritual/transcendental – the experience of bliss, reflected in deep dreamless sleep. In this restful state there are no thoughts or sense of ego. A state where harmony, contentment and joy exist.
Based on the classical yoga taught in India, a beginner’s class will take you through the basics of yoga. You will learn all the foundations from physical postures, and breathing techniques to relaxation and meditation training. Our courses are small for quality teaching that suits everyone, whatever your age or experience. With a maximum of 8 students per class you can be assured that your individual needs are catered for. Each student works at their own pace with individual health needs and abilities catered for. Beginner’s often report feeling calm, relaxed and focused after just one 5 week course. Research shows it improves health, mental alertness, improves sleep and much more…book now to ensure your place.
For mums to be, a special class is needed as some yoga postures are unsuitable during pregnancy.
Prenatal yoga is a gentle yet invigorating course suitable for all mum’s, no experience necessary.
Prenatal yoga focuses on the challenges of pregnancy, baby bonding and preparation for birth.
Learn about how yoga can help you with pregnancy related ailments and natural birth preparation.
Learn about breath work, active birthing and natural pain relief.
Hatha Yoga Therapy
Hatha Yoga is a relatively gentle, inward experience that involves both co-ordinating the breath with movement and holding postures. It is usually not an athletic or aerobic practice and less of a workout then some of the other dynamic styles. Hatha literally means Sun and Moon and is the linking of the active and passive aspects of nature. There is usually a focus on breath, movement, relaxation and meditation. Hatha yoga uses asana (postures) and pranayama (breath) to harmonize body, mind and emotions, and if practiced regularly, attune oneself with higher levels of awareness. An experienced yogi can awaken, experience and begin to control the subtle energies within oneself, especially the energies of the chakras.
Private sessions and group classes led by Heather Greer: Mindfulness-based Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, MBCT, Yoga Teacher & Registered Nurse. Heather has practised meditation for over twenty years studying with many Buddhist teachers in Australia and the UK. Heather’s teaching is based on traditional Hatha Yoga, Mindfulness Meditation, Health Psychology and current personal practice. Private Yoga Therapy and meditation consultations available in the Manly, Freshwater, Northern beaches area.